Backflow is the undesirable reversal of the flow of water, mixtures or liquids and other undesirable substances from any source (such as used water, industrial fluids, gasses, or any substance other than the intended potable water) into the distribution pipes of the drinking water system.
Backflow occurs as a result of a “cross-connection” within the water pipes system, which exists when there is any actual or potential connection between a potable water system and any other source or system through which it is possible to introduce into the drinking water system any used water or other substance.
The following will require boundary backflow prevention devices to be fitted at each and every connection to the drinking water supply:
- new developments
- redevelopments of existing facilities
- changes to any existing water service
- additions and alterations
- multiple residence and commercial buildings
- all new fire services require a medium rated device
- Commercial and industrial backflow testing, installation, repairs and maintenance.
- It is a requirement that backflow prevention devices be tested when installed, after any maintenance is performed, and once every 12 months after that by a licensed plumber who is certified to perform this type of work
Servicing, Maintenance and Repairs of Backflow Devices
Carlton Contracting can conduct backflow tests at each stage for you to remain compliant.
Call us for a no obligation quote, then engage our testing services.
We will can perform your testing on a plan to suit your company either three years to five.
Our plumbers will conduct testing on your backflow device to identify any issues with the unit, we will replace valves and other parts that are in need of repair, and we will also complete all necessary Water Corp certification forms.
If it is maintenance or repairs required on your backflow device our licenced plumbers can take care of that.
We will alert you to any current or potential problems that are identified when we conduct our tests and can provide quick, competitive quotes to repair the device as needed.